
Sitting here with my niece and nephews tonight, I was trying to find something to entertain them. We played with the electric piano, watched some youtube, baked cookies...but still - we had some time left.
I finally got the bright idea to put on season one of "The Brady Bunch" - shear genius on my part. And these three nerds couldn't stop watching. Even one of my roommates (to her disgust) was trying to "secretly" watch from behind her office chair.
So - it was the classic episode where Marsha gets braces, and she's so hideous that different members of the family decide to set her up with a different dweeby teen boy with too much floppy hair. And one-by-one the parade of dweebs begin to pile into the ginormous house that has a foyer the size of most high school gyms.
And not only was my teenage nephew entertained (whose name rhymes with splat), I think I even heard him say, "MAN Aunt Lora - this show is the best!"
When all is said and done, Marsha ends up on a hot date - with Allan, a big nerd wearing a felt suit (who also happens to have just gotten braces). It's nice to know that poor acting, bad writing, a maid that needs a make-over, and an orange kitchen counter top can still entertain kids!
4 comments:
gotta love brady bunch! it's a classic...who doesn't love brady bunch???? he-he...btw, may i add you to my blog roll?
man - look at the size of those mitts on that boy - its like a bunch of bananas...
I was NOT secretly watching. I was openly watching in horror. The Brady Bunch is like a train wreck that I don't want to watch, but I have to look anyway. Kind of like Bollywood is to you.
We always stop what we're doing and watch whenever Brady Bunch Re-runs are on... its a classic even though its SO cheezy. I like the one with Davy Jones :)
Post a Comment